RE: OT - Getting fired for database oops

  • From: "Rich Jesse" <rjoralist@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: oracle-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 18 May 2009 11:26:58 -0500 (CDT)

>     Moral as always, check, check again, breathe 5 times, check again, 5
> more breaths, check once more....then push the RETURN key.

I usually get a few odd looks/smiles when someone's standing over my
shoulder as I'm logging out of an RDP session connected to any Winders
server.  Said out loud:

"I'm on the [correct] server."
"I'm on the [correct] server."
"I'm on the [correct] server."
"I'm on the [correct] server."
"I'm on the [correct] server."
"I'm logging off -- NOT shutting down."
"I'm logging off -- NOT shutting down."
"I'm logging off -- NOT shutting down."
"I'm logging off -- NOT shutting down."
"I'm logging off -- NOT shutting down."

Depending on how much caffeine I've had, the day I've had, or how
distracting the situation is, I may also mix up the above and/or add some
more reps.

Only THEN do I click OK.  It's a whole lot easier than fixing the problems.  :)

Rich