RE: ORA-01555 seems bogus

  • From: Wolfgang Breitling <breitliw@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: Dave.Herring@xxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sun, 07 Feb 2010 16:53:35 -0700

As of 9i, modifications are not periodically flushed to DBA_TAB_MODIFICATIONS, only in response to a DBMS_STATS.FLUSH_DATABASE_MONITORING_INFO call, which statistics gathering does implicitly. Try calling that procedure and see if the counts in DBA_TAB_MODIFICATIONS change.

At 03:28 PM 2/7/2010, Herring Dave - dherri wrote:
I'm not sure yet of all DML activities of this table (I'm still new to the client). With the comparison of LAST_ANALYZED and DBA_TAB_MODIFICATIONS, I was trying to show that it appears it was not involved in DML during the rash of ORA-01555 errors. While I don't know the frequency of updates of the underlying tables of DBA_TAB_MODIFICATION, I'm pretty sure it's less than a few days. I believe MOS article 762738.1 says the stats are flushed every 3 hours.

Regards

Wolfgang Breitling
Centrex Consulting Corporation
http://www.centrexcc.com