Re: ORA-01555 seems bogus

  • From: Andrew Kerber <andrew.kerber@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: Richard.Goulet@xxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 8 Feb 2010 12:08:35 -0600

You need to locate the long running transaction, and try and make it run in
a shorter time frame, failing that, you need to try adjusting the undo
retention.  The issue isnt necessarily a shortage of undo, it is simply that
the transaction has run longer than undo_retention setting without doing a
commit, and this short query is trying to read the data as it was at the
start of the long running transaction.

On Mon, Feb 8, 2010 at 11:49 AM, Goulet, Richard <Richard.Goulet@xxxxxxxxxxx

Andrew W. Kerber