OCFS2

  • From: Sanjay Mishra <smishra_97@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: oracle-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 6 Mar 2006 10:44:34 -0800 (PST)

Hi

  I am looking for some views regarding OCFS vs Veritas Cluster File system.
Currently we are using Veritas CFS/VolumeMgr as well as Veritas Netbackup. My
manager ask me if we can remove the Veritas Software with 10g.

  I know we don't need Volumne manager as we have EMC San and I will use ASM
for moving the existing dB as we are in final phase of Oracle 10g upgradation.

  I also worked with ORacle new Backup software that can take care of Veritas
netbackup Oracle Agent license as we are only using Veritas Netbackup for
Oracle backup

  The only doubt is that how OCFS replace the Veritas Cluster software without
using RAC. I have ask the similar question to one of the Oracle Reps in one of
the Technology day and he replied that we can do that by using some API but
then never reply back on the document. I am using Veritas CLuster software for
some application where database is running in ActivePassive mode. What I mean
to say is that Database resource are mounted on one server and if there is any
issue on the server linked to Hardware or Oracle, it will failover to Second
node and mount all resource on second node. Is it possibel with OCFS

  Thanks for your suggestions/advice/comments
  Sanjay