RE: Microsoft Windows, will rule in the next 8 years in the market

  • From: "Goulet, Dick" <DGoulet@xxxxxxxx>
  • To: "Juan Carlos Reyes Pacheco" <juancarlosreyesp@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 28 Jan 2005 15:43:26 -0500

Today we've got 4 linux clients, the others being Windows.  The computer
room is 60/40 Windows vs. UNIX Linux.  Follow the CIO's master plan & in
5 years the computer room will be 100% Unix/Linux and desktops will be
50/50.  Some others I know of in the local area, Boston Ma USA, already
have 100% UNIX Linux in the data center today & the desktops are
migrating.  If nothing else it's a matter of cost reduction.=20

Dick Goulet
Senior Oracle DBA
Oracle Certified 8i DBA