Re: Cloning Oracle versus Installing from OUI

  • From: Nuno Souto <dbvision@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sat, 30 Sep 2006 01:14:54 +1000

Kevin Closson wrote,on my timestamp of 30/09/2006 12:03 AM:

I do not understand why you, as a dba, need to install software on a server. This is the job of the server administrator.

Does anyone agree with this? Do sys admins install Oracle these days?

In my previous job, it was the sysadmin who did the Oracle install. Mainly because it was me and I was the dba as well...

but in most cases I know of, the dbas do the oracle
installs.  In close collaboration with the sysadmins,
of course: the sheer number of patches that needs to
be installed/verified in most Unix and Linux sites
precludes any other solution.

--
Cheers
Nuno Souto