RE: Cloning Oracle versus Installing from OUI

  • From: "Jesse, Rich" <Rich.Jesse@xxxxxx>
  • To: <Oracle-L@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 2 Oct 2006 13:18:38 -0500

I think this is more of a mandate on install rather than just a good
idea.  Unless your SAs can *guarantee* that each OS is at the exact
patch level as the one you created the install on, you *must* "relink
all" after your copy.  Got into a world of hurt doing that on HP-UX
once.

My (late) $.02,
Rich