RE: Cloning Oracle versus Installing from OUI

  • From: "Bobak, Mark" <Mark.Bobak@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <kevinc@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>, "ORACLE-L" <oracle-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 29 Sep 2006 10:12:14 -0400

Not in my shop.  DBAs do the install.  When it comes to 'root.sh', I can
either call the sysadmin to have him run it, or, more often than not, I
ask him to put 'oracle' in /etc/sudoers "temporarily"....and then hope
they forget to  remove it...;-)

--
Mark J. Bobak
Senior Oracle Architect

relations, for Nature cannot be fooled.  --Richard P. Feynman, 1918-1988