Cloning Oracle versus Installing from OUI

  • From: MVR <yoursraju007@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: Oracle-L@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 28 Sep 2006 15:45:10 -0400

All,

I proposed a plan to make a good working Oracle home(with all the
patches installed) and making an image and using the same image for
all other nodes with the same platform and hardware. The process is
tar, untar them and to run clone.pl for the home on target node. This
saves us lot of time(for installing 10g R2 using OUI). But my
teammates are not okay with that stating that it may get us some
problems. We have already cloned it for multiple boxes and ZERO
issues. But still people are afraid to put that home in prod.

Any comments?

Thanks
--
"Happy people plan actions, they don't plan results."