RE: Anyone going live with 11.2 in Q1 or Q2?

  • From: "Andre van Winssen" <dreveewee@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <development@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>, "'ORACLE-L'" <oracle-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 13 Jan 2010 20:19:02 +0100

We go live in Q1 with 11gR2 RAC and non-RAC. We have seen quite a lot of bug
fixes compared to 11gR1, in following areas:

- schema level incremental statistics gathering of partitioned tables
- less open file leaks in oracle asm and rdbms shadow processes,
- improved dbconsole interface
- more powerful asmcmd, srvctl
- grid infrastructure more stable than 11gR1 crs + asm
- result cache

We also plan to use SCAN listeners for our clients

Also so far less security patches to apply

Regards,
Andre