RE: Anyone going live with 11.2 in Q1 or Q2?

  • From: "Matthew Zito" <mzito@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <Mark.Bobak@xxxxxxxxxxxx>, <development@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>, "ORACLE-L" <oracle-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 13 Jan 2010 11:21:27 -0500

We have two customers that I know of personally that have started to
roll out 11gR2 - one is rolling out 11gR2 RAC w/ 11gR1 databases, and
the other is rolling out 11gR2 standalone databases clustered with VCS.

I'm shocked at the rapid adoption of 11gR2 considering *how much* is
different from 11gR1.

As I was discussing with another customer (who himself has internal
customers looking at 11gR2), 11gR1 was really like 10gR3, and 11gR2 is a
big enough change that it should be 11gR1 in that model.

Matt