ASM LUN sizes and number of disks

  • From: hrishy <hrishys@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: oracle-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Fri, 7 Nov 2008 05:30:30 +0000 (GMT)

Hi

We have a 200Gb database and there are 6X50gb luns comprising a diskgroup
called dataDG

Since my database is growing around 100gb per year i am planning to add two
200Gb disks to the above diskgroups and simulatenously drop the 6 50gb disks
off.

I understand reblance would trigger in my case and i am planning to add 200gb
disks to the luns and increase the diskgroup sizes.

My question is there a formula or a rule of thumb to determine the number disks
and the size given a database size and estimated growth rates?

regards
Hrishy