Re: ASM LUN sizes and number of disks

  • From: hrishy <hrishys@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: finn.oracledba@xxxxxxxxx, Greg Rahn <greg@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 10 Nov 2008 09:19:02 +0000 (GMT)

Hi Finn/Greg

I am still confused (although i do agree with ideas of Greg)
Is there a paper which describes whats the ideal combination of disks and sik
sizes for ASM.

I am using external redundancy should i still be worried about having only 2
disks ?

I am planning to add 2 2000Gb disks and then simulatenously drop the
6 50Gb disks so rebalance is a single operation

regards
Hrishy