Re: Extra Columns to be added in Oracle Base Table

  • From: Jurijs Velikanovs <j.velikanovs@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: ora-apps-dba@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 23 Jun 2009 17:45:55 +1000

Hi,

Saying "one of the oracle base table" are you talking about one EBS
tables installed initially?
What is the table name? Generally speaking it isn't supported at all.
It is less harmful to create a custom table in you custom schema
XX____ as you can't predict any impact on adding new columns to am
embedded table. Anything can go wrong starting from patching and
future upgrades ending with data corruption.

Yury

--
Jurijs
+371 29268222 (+2 GMT)