Re: Extra Columns to be added in Oracle Base Table

  • From: Amar Kumar Padhi <amar.padhi@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <amit.dhingra77@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 25 Jun 2009 07:42:45 +0400 (GST)

Hi Amit,
Consider this scenario. You are applying a patch and you encounter an error.
you raise an SR with oracle. Oracle request you to run diagnostic tools to
extract output. This makes oracle realise that you have fiddled with the
existing ebiz objects. As this is clearly stated as not-supported, Oracle can
disown the instance now and you or your subsequent replacers will be left with
no one to turn to.

Besides as a DBA, you need to ensure business support continuity by following
the standard norms of 3rd party applications.

Your option of storing in custom table is the best, go for it.

Thanks!
Amar
www.amar-padhi.com