[optimal] Re: question about OCT-C Certification

  • From: CPMC Ophthalmic Diagnostic Center <cpmceyelab@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "'optimal@xxxxxxxxxxxxx'" <optimal@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 13 Aug 2014 12:42:29 -0700

As we say in my household "Embrace the Chaos!!"

Denice Barsness, CRA, COMT, ROUB, CDOS, FOPS
Ophthalmic Diagnostic Center
CPMC Department of Ophthalmology
2100 Webster Street Suite 212
San Francisco CA 94115
(415) 600-3937   FAX (415) 600-6563

From: "<Miller CRA>", <OCT-C>, PA
<GMILLER@xxxxxxxxxxxxx<mailto:GMILLER@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>>
Date: Wednesday, August 13, 2014 at 1:53 PM
To: "optimal@xxxxxxxxxxxxx<mailto:optimal@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>"
<optimal@xxxxxxxxxxxxx<mailto:optimal@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>>

Well, I did a 'quick and dirty' experiment on our Cirrus. I had one of my
coworkers do RNFL measurements on my eye.  We compared my scans by changing the
DOB to 1928 and then to 1995. (neither of which is my real birthday!)

To my surprise, there was only a slight difference when comparing my RNFL
between the two 'normaltive' database readings. I did get into the yellow
readings in a few quadrants in  the one scan, but was all green in the other.

For what it's worth...

Gary

________________________________
From: "<Miller CRA>", <OCT-C>, PA
<GMILLER@xxxxxxxxxxxxx<mailto:GMILLER@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>>
Date: Wednesday, August 13, 2014 at 1:17 PM
To: "optimal@xxxxxxxxxxxxx<mailto:optimal@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>"
<optimal@xxxxxxxxxxxxx<mailto:optimal@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>>

I know it could matter on the Cirrus. An incorrect birth date could throw of
what would be 'normal' to someone of that age. y that, I suspect comparing a
scan from a 30 year old against the normative database of a 60 year old could
be an issue... and visa versa.

But now that my curiosity is peeked, I will have to run a little test and see.

Gary