[optimal] Re: Spectralis

  • From: Jef Jodell <mpscra@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: optimal@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sun, 17 Jul 2011 08:49:00 -0700 (PDT)

The issue is both dbs and frequency. The frequency is 4000 Hertz (4Kz). Human
hearing goes from 20 H to 20Kz. We are most sensitive to 1K Hz, just as we are
most sensitive to green in light wavelengths. Human voices (male) tend to be
centered around 800-1000Hz, and easy to hear. Women's voices are slightly
higher, generally speaking, but around 4KHz is what we start to consider
"shrill", as in a child crying. You get used to it. Only repeated constant
exposure (sitting at it "on" for hours at a time) could cause any issue, and it
would take decades to cause a problem.

I know my audio.

-j

________________________________
From:  Raymond Mok <raywmok@xxxxxxxxx>
Sender:  optimal-bounce@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
Date: Sun, 17 Jul 2011 09:14:09 -0400
To: optimal@xxxxxxxxxxxxx<optimal@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
ReplyTo:  optimal@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
Cc: optimal@xxxxxxxxxxxxx<optimal@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>

Our office have just installed the Spectralis. I'd noticed the high pitched
noise but didn't bothered much. However one of the tech said as soon as we
click
the "yellow" icon, the high pitched sound gave her spitting headache. I agree
the high pitched sound is in the safety zone but does bothered some people.

Ray Mok CRA, COMT
Ophthalmic Photographer
DHMC-Ophthalmology

On Jul 16, 2011, at 8:21 PM, Ray Gardner <raygardner99@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:

No I've got four and about to have six in my office. The Spectralis has a sound
like that of a hearing aid whining  but causes no hearing problems. Its just
annoying at first then after a while you seem not to notice it any more. The
HRA
was much loader and gave off a lot of heat. Thing of the Spectralis as the
Ferrari of cameras it has a strange sound but runs and does like no other
camera
can. If you need any help you can call me. (806) 676-9793