[optimal] Re: Optos

  • From: "Carlton, Chris [VA]" <Chris.Carlton@xxxxxx>
  • To: "'optimal@xxxxxxxxxxxxx'" <optimal@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 7 Aug 2014 07:47:54 -0700

My opinions is that is a device of extremes.  Best camera ever in terms of
light exposure hands down. Great for small pupil's poor media. Very good for
wide angle. Doctors love it but they do not have to operate it. I hate it for
some patients and love it for others.

On the other side software is very poor. Slow if you are used to conventional
FA I can work a lot faster on Topcon or HRA. Poor for ergonomics I hate
entering data on it. I do not like the view on the monitor you get while
imaging.

I find the reliability poor. This is from having a demo, getting a new one and
then experience of the office across the street having 2 in different clinics.
Service here is poor. This for me would be the deal breaker if it was our only
devise. The control cord seems to not last very long.

Chris Carlton
VGH/UBC
Eye Care Center