[optacon-l] Re: What the Optacon can do!

  • From: "Tracy Carcione" <carcione@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: optacon-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Fri, 28 Mar 2008 09:33:21 -0400 (EDT)

I used my R1D, with the CRT lens, on regular mode, to read my laptop
screen.  I had to make the lens very long to get the print to be big
enough. Once I got it set properly, I could read the stuff Jaws had been
reading, so I could find my place, and find the letters I needed to enter.
 I also saw separating lines on the screen, separating the text into
logical sections.  Jaws didn't tell me about those.

I have not been able to read my desktop screen in Windows, because the
text blinks, and the rate is at a speed that makes it impossible for me to
figure it out at all.
I have been able to read the same screen in BIOS? mode, the mode before
Windows comes up, where one can sometimes do some trouble-shooting.  I've
read that in inverted mode.
HTH.
Tracy