[optacon-l] Re: Rubber Reading Pads and Suitable Replacement Materials

  • From: "John Huffman" <j73.huffman@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <optacon-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 13 Apr 2009 21:21:50 -0400

Armand & List,

My own trusty rubber reading pad probably dates back to around 1975.  It
isn't brittle, but over the years it's grown almost smooth so that reading
materials slip-slide around about as much as if on a bare surface.

For my own modest purposes, I've found that a standard off-the-shelf desk
blotter furnished with standard blotter paper (preferably white) is
satisfactory.  It has the advantages of being relatively cheap and available
from almost any office store.

Regards and HTH.  JH