[optacon-l] Re: Rubber Reading Pads and Suitable Replacement Materials

  • From: Gailselfridge@xxxxxxx
  • To: optacon-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 14 Apr 2009 11:58:21 EDT

With anything that is slippery enough to slide around, I've just used a
weight and I've done the same with paperbacks.

Gail

Armand, I have never used a rubber pad.  In general, I read things on  my
lap or on a desk or table.  A friend once made me a device for  help
reading paperbacks.  He took a standard clipboard and added part of  a
coat hanger.  The clip holds the top of the book, so it is about as  flat
as it's going to be, and the coat hanger is folded around the board  so
that it can slide up and down to hold the lower part.  A heavy  rubber
band will do as well.
You might check office supply stores for  rubber pads.  You could use
something like a giant mouse  pad.
Sincerely,
Vicky Prahin
Phone:  800-323-4238
Web  Site:  _www.hadley.edu_ (http://www.hadley.edu)
to view the  list archives, go to:
_www.freelists.org/archives/optacon-l_
(//www.freelists.org/archives/optacon-l)
To  unsubscribe at any time, just send a message to:
_optacon-l-request@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx (mailto:optacon-l-request@xxxxxxxxxxxxx)
 with the word "unsubscribe" (without the quotes)
in the message  subject.
Tell your friends about the list.  They can subscribe by  sending a message
to:
_optacon-l-request@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx (mailto:optacon-l-request@xxxxxxxxxxxxx)
 with the word "subscribe" (without the quotes) in
the message  subject.
**************The Average US Credit Score is 692. See Yours in Just 2 Easy
Steps!
(http://pr.atwola.com/promoclk/100126575x1221421325x1201417411/aol?redir=http:%2F%2Fwww.freecreditreport.com%2Fpm%2Fdefault.aspx%3Fsc%3D668072%26h