[optacon-l] Rubber Reading Pads and Suitable Replacement Materials

  • From: Armand Bakalian <asbakalian@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: optacon-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 13 Apr 2009 17:49:23 -0700

The Optacon, without a doubt is a wonderful device, however, if we can't
put our reading material on a suitable reading surface, all is lost. I have
some old rubber reading pads, both computer printout sized and the eight
and a half by eleven size that have dried up and gotten brittle over the
thirty years of their life. What rubber materials are people using to keep
their reading material from moving around? At one time I contacted rubber
manufacturering companies and tried to explain what I needed. The samples
they sent did not do the job. What sources for rubber reading pad materials
are out there that will grip our materials? My inquiring mind wants to iknow.

Armand Bakalian