[optacon-l] Re: Optacon Preservation Update

  • From: "H & C Arnold" <4carolyna@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <optacon-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 13 Apr 2009 20:19:18 -0400

Audrey and Catherine, I think one problem imposed on older people who lose
their sight is brain training. For a lifetime, their brains have been
accustomed to processing reading through the eye. Developing sensitivity is
the most necessary step. Then after that, a person has to have enough
stamina to train the brain to get information from reading through what is
touch, which is  very foreign, more difficult than learning to read by
listening.

In God We Trust,

Carolyn