[optacon-l] Re: Optacon Preservation Update

  • From: Linda Gehres <ljgehres@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: optacon-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sun, 12 Apr 2009 00:48:54 -0700

 Hi Katherine,
I have at least a partial answer to your last question.  Even among blind
people who do have Optacons, I know several not on this list who would for
reasons unknown and unfathomable by me wish to defer to getting their mail and
some other things read by paying readers to go through their mail, make out
their checks, etc.  They would be capable of doing it themselves but for some
reason feel they need help.  I wonder if it isn't as much a need for
companionship they're trying to solve.  Just my thoughts.  Also, i do know
people who go through their own mail with scanners and do all right via that
method.

Linda G.