[optacon-l] Re: Optacon Preservation Update

  • From: audrey levine <audjoy@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: optacon-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 13 Apr 2009 19:49:22 -0400

Catherine,

        You're doing an excellent job with this list and you are to be
commended.

        I just read your email, and you left out a very important
point:  Peoples' fingers have to be sensitive in order to feel the
vibrations of the letters; unfortunately, people who lose their sight
later in life do not have the necessary finger sensitivity.  They can
barely read braille--most need to use the jumbo dots.

        I sent Richard my typewriter attachment for repair, so I hope he can
get it back to me by the end of the month.  Otherwise, I will have to
get my boyfriend to fill out my rent check.

        Take care, and keep up the great work.

                                Audrey Levine