[optacon-l] Re: Rubber Reading Pads and Suitable Replacement Materials

  • From: "Vicky Prahin" <Prahin@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <optacon-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 14 Apr 2009 07:14:04 -0500

Armand, I have never used a rubber pad.  In general, I read things on my
lap or on a desk or table.  A friend once made me a device for help
reading paperbacks.  He took a standard clipboard and added part of a
coat hanger.  The clip holds the top of the book, so it is about as flat
as it's going to be, and the coat hanger is folded around the board so
that it can slide up and down to hold the lower part.  A heavy rubber
band will do as well.

You might check office supply stores for rubber pads.  You could use
something like a giant mouse pad.
Sincerely,
Vicky Prahin

Phone:  800-323-4238