[opendtv] Re: Visit at Best Buy

  • From: "Ralph P. Manfredo" <rmanfredo@xxxxxxxx>
  • To: <opendtv@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 7 Dec 2004 22:31:04 -0500

John:

I believe there will some who decide to purchase a new TV would like to know
whether they should buy a digital to another analog set.  If I was planning
to purchase a new set, I would most likely buy a digital STB just so I could
see what was available, then if I was convinced that I should buy a new
digital set, I would buy a monitor.  I could also buy a larger monitor
instead of a TV set with a fully integrated HDTV tuner.  One of the deciding
factors on screen size.  A 40" 4:3 TV set has a perceptively larger viewing
area than a 40" 16:9 wide-screen set.  A HDTV STB with a monitor is less
money than a HDTV television of the same size, that is why I think people
may buy the STB before they invest is a complete HDTV system.

Ralph

Ralph P. Manfredo
President & CEO

rmanfredo@xxxxxxxx

BroadBand Networks Corporation
2530 Berryessa Road, No. 237
San Jose, CA 95050

Phone:  408.988.2060
Fax:      408.988.2188

www.bbnc.com

Leaders in MPEG-2 and MPEG-4 video over ATM and IP Networks

From: "Ralph P. Manfredo" <rmanfredo@xxxxxxxx>