[opendtv] Re: IBM out of the PC business

  • From: "John Shutt" <shuttj@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <opendtv@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 7 Dec 2004 20:29:09 -0500

Doug McDonald sent me a serial cable and CD-ROM that he obtained from
Samsung to update the software in the SIR T-151.  Yes indeed they are, but
the will not be over the air automatic software updates.  There are too many
manufacturers and too many broadcasters, with too much potential liability
for that to happen with anything other than a closed system like the
subscription side of USDTV.

John