[opendtv] Re: Local TV stations face uncertain future

  • From: Kon Wilms <konfoo@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: opendtv@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sat, 28 Feb 2009 20:51:13 -0800

On Sat, Feb 28, 2009 at 7:21 PM, David Devereaux-Weber
<ddevereauxweber@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> Content
> distribution networks will add value by outsourcing the distribution task.
> Aggregators like YouTube, Google Video and Yahoo video will also survive.

Very true. I work for a CDN and we are doing great business even in
this economic downturn. I seem to notice a greater influx of customers
that produce material such as documentaries, action sports events,
etc. who are becoming savvy enough to know what they want and how they
want to host their content (DRM, specific file formats, etc.).

Cheers
Kon