[opendtv] Re: ATSC STB availability?

  • From: Terry Harvey <tjharvey@xxxxxxx>
  • To: opendtv@xxxxxxxxxxxxx, opendtv@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 07 Mar 2005 23:26:33 -0700

I bought one of the Hisense boxes and encouraged others to buy a few more.
I have found the box to be a good perfomer. If the decision to carry it is
true (I will check our local outlets), it has nothing to do with performance.

There has been no attempt on the part of Walmart to advertise or promote
the box. When I went buy the box a couple of months ago. I had to go
through three Walmart staff to be led to a concealed closed cupboard to
where two units were tucked under other stocked items!

Incidently, with the Hisense receiver I receive 16 DTV OTA stations with no
problem from where I live. And seven of the stations are 100 air miles or
more from my home. (I do use a roof top antenna).

Best regards,

Terry Harvey