[opendtv] Re: ATSC STB availability?

  • From: "Ralph P. Manfredo" <rmanfredo@xxxxxxxx>
  • To: <opendtv@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 7 Mar 2005 19:57:24 -0800

Samsung's SIR-T165 is a Digital STB with the following interfaces:
RF (OTA) input
RF Cable Input
S-Video In/Out
Video In/Out
Audio In/Out
Component Video In (YPbPr, 480I and 480P)
DTV Out (RGB format, 1080i, 720P, 480P)
DVI Out
Firewire (IEEE1394) In/Out
L/R Analog Audio Output
Dolby Digital (Optical)
Dolby Digital (Coax)

The unit automatically determines an analog or digital broadcast input.  It
is also available for DirecTV, but that unit does not have a Firewire I/O.
It can be purchased on the web for under $400.  While I despise Samsung
because for their stiffing my company for a mere $10K, it is a pretty good
STB.  Too bad it is made by an irreputable company.  I do inderstand it is
being replaced.  If I find a comparable one by a reputable firm, I'll let
you know.  My only suggestion is DON'T do any business with Samsung if you
expect to be paid.

Ralph

Ralph P. Manfredo
President and CEO

rmanfredo@xxxxxxxx

BroadBand Networks Corporation
2530 Berryessa Road, No. 237
San Jose, CA 95050

Phone:  408.988.2060
Fax:      408.988.2188
Cell:      559.289.2669

www.bbnc.com

Leaders in MPEG-2 and MPEG-4 video over ATM and IP Networks