[openbeosnetteam] Re: FreeBSD vs. our stack

  • From: "Andrew Galante" <haiku.galante@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: openbeosnetteam@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 5 Jun 2006 18:33:17 -0400

The machine only has 256MB in it (less because of shared video ram).  It
gets to the BeOS boot screen, but reboots before the atom icon lights up.
I'm running Max PE if that has anything to do with it.

the network stack in Haiku itself, instead of R5?

Sure, the turnaround times will just be a little longer. For example,
you could develop under Linux, and test the networking stack running in
Haiku under emulation.

I'm installing gcc 2.95.3 on one of my Linux machines to try that.