[openbeos-midi] Re: Everybody Ready

  • From: Kevin Kuo <shaggyafterjack@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: openbeos-midi@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 15 Apr 2002 20:48:41 -0700 (PDT)

Paul,

Way to get the ball moving!

well, I don't have midi hardware I think (using an Intel 810 mobo with celeron
500).  As far as midi knowledge is concerned, I know as much or as little as
the  next general purpose (lol) programmer you are going to come across -- very
little.  But, learning is always cool with me.

so let me list this out:
1)BMidiText
  BMidiStore
  BSamples -- if it has something to do with sound sampling
  BMidiSynth -- at least knowing what the hell it is

2)~200 MB/day
3)celeron 500 running linux with i810 (embedded sound, and video);
  p3 500 notebook
  neither has midi AFAIK
4)None
5)I'll buy Be compliant midi keyboards, devices, etc if necessary, so I can
work on some hardware level stuff.

In my experience, it has been easier to get structures that fill the role first
and then build the class methods that use them.  For rapid development and
experimentation we can use python to get a feel of what data structures we need
and what kind of methods.  Once we have a good feeling, we can start
translating that over to C++

Also, does anyone have the BeOS API then?  And how do I get a version of BeOS
R5 running on my computer?

-shaggy

http://taxes.yahoo.com/