[openbeos-midi] Re: Everybody Ready

  • From: "Paul Stadler" <paul_stadler@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: openbeos-midi@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 16 Apr 2002 15:30:34 +0900

>I am missing the classes of the Midi Kit 2.
>Is support for Midi Kit 2 planned for OBOS R1?

I don't think the official decision is out on when this will be done.  It
will inevitably be incorporated, however I don't see any point in waiting
for a decision to start on MidiKit 1.  If we can nail MidiKit 1 before the
rest of the teams are completed through to an OBOS R1 level, I don't see any
reason why we couldn't drop in Midi 2 support.

As you (Michael and Dan) are obviously the Midi 2 expert around here from
your work with MidiSynth 1.6 which supports Midi 2, perhaps you could
enlighten us as to what (if any) architectural differences are necessary,
and what will make it easy for you (and Dan) to add the Midi 2 functionality
in the future without too much hastle.

I'm in favor of taking it one step at a time.  Let's aim for the completion
of the BeBook specified API, and then move forward.  Perhaps we should add a
directory for you to place the Midi 2 work though?  It would serve as a good
reference for everyone unfamiliar with it, and give hints as to how it will
merge into the not-yet-existant MidiKit 1 codebase.

-Paul