[ola] Re: Movies: Sin nombre & Which Way Home

  • From: Stel Schmalz <sschmalz@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "ola@xxxxxxxxxxxxx" <ola@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 9 Apr 2014 06:33:06 -0400

I have a "Movie club" for my higher end 8th graders that meets once a week.
 We just watched "bajo la misma Luna".  It's a wonderful story-  they were
really wrapped up in it.  The Spanish was very clear so they were able to
understand a lot of it.  The movie addressed the topic of illegal
immigration-  lots of great discussion on that after the movie was over.

This group is currently watching "Casi-Casi".  This is about a kid who
decides to run for president of student council to impress a girl only to
find out that she too is running. The Spanish in this one is is a little
more difficult for the kids to understand because they speak quickly.  I've
had to stop more often for comprehension checks, but they still seem into
the story.

If you search online for movie guides, there's stuff out there.

Stel