[obol] Re: Detroit flats willow flycatcher, hammonds flycatcher, and macgillivrays warbler

  • From: Brandon Green <brandon.green18@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: OBOL <obol@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>, Jeff Gilligan <jeffgilligan10@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 24 Apr 2014 16:19:42 -0700

Swainson's Thrushes have already been reported in far northern CA.  It's
likely that at least a few have crossed the border by now.  Still seems
early for Northwest Oregon, but maybe not unprecedented.

I'm skeptical of Willow Flycatcher in Detroit.  I typically don't see them
until late May/early June in Eugene.  eBird is currently showing one report
for the entire Western U.S. (Arizona).

-Brandon

------
*Subject: Re: Detroit flats willow flycatcher, hammonds flycatcher, and
macgillivrays warbler*
Date: Thu Apr 24 2014 17:42 pm
From: jeffgilligan10 AT gmail.com

On Apr 24, 2014, at 12:12 PM, Tim Rodenkirk  wrote:

> I am not sure what the earliest record for an inland site is for Willow Fly
> but it is about a month earlier than the earliest Coos record- any comments
> from valley birders? Willow Fly is the 2nd latest to arrive in Coos- usually
> mid-May with only C. Nighthawk arriving later- usually the last few days of
> May or early June.

> Lots of Swainson's Thrushes being reported on the eBird alert and a few on
> OBOL, still no sign of anyhere on the south coast?!

> Merry Migration!

> Tim R

> Coos Bay

Yes - that would be a very exceptionally early spring record for
Willow Flycatcher.    Hermit Thrushes are now moving through western
Oregon in good numbers.   A Swainson's Thrush this early would be
exceptional.  Jeff Gilligan