[obol] Detroit flats willow flycatcher, hammonds flycatcher, and macgillivrays warbler

  • From: Mitch Ratzlaff <mitch.ratzlaff@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "obol@xxxxxxxxxxxxx" <obol@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 24 Apr 2014 08:55:56 -0700

My college ornithology prof, Don Powers, and his class reported an early
Willow Flycatcher from Detroit Flats yesterday. They also ticked a
MacGillivray's Warbler, a Hammond's Flycatcher and a Lincoln's
Sparrow there. That's a great place to bird during migration. Usually a
Western Kingbird or two there during late April, and it gets sagebrush
country birds there too. In the past we have regularly picked up Gray
Flycatchers and two years ago a Sage Thrasher.

Good birding,

Mitch Ratzlaff
Dallas