[obol] Great-tailed Grackle pair, Denman WMA, Jackson Co.

  • From: Wink Gross <winkg@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: OBOL <obol@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 24 Apr 2014 15:58:46 -0700

We ran into Bob Hunter at the Kirtland Road ponds, and he alerted us to a
reported GREAT-TAILED GRACKLE at the G Ave. Ponds (aka Military Slough) in the
Denman WMA.  We went over, and actually there is a pair, acting very
territorial.  Thank you, Bob!

Kirtland Road had WHITE-FACED IBIS, RED-NECKED PHALAROPE, BLACK-BELLIED PLOVER,
GREATER and LESSER YELLOWLEGS, and a half-dozen BLACK-NECKED STILTS.

Wink Gross

Sent from my iPad