[nswnra] Re: Nuclear Crisis in Japan

  • From: "judith stella" <judes@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <nswnra@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 18 Mar 2011 18:22:20 +1100

Hi guys

Just got back from working in Sydney for a few days - I really dislike
Sydney - dirty smelly noisy - so its great to be home.

I see you've got the downloading covered for now - between the three of us
it shouldn't be a problem. Thank goodness Glen didn't have Japan on his
travel itinerary!

Hope all is good with you. Now we're not even getting to see the full moon -
and its the biggest in 20 years!!

JS

  _____

From: corona_australis@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx
To: nswnra@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
Date: Thu, 17 Mar 2011 20:24:32 +1100

Have a great trip Glen.

Date: Thu, 17 Mar 2011 18:39:43 +1100
From: cozens3@xxxxxxxxx
To: nswnra@xxxxxxxxxxxxx

Hi All
Thanks Paul. I usually name them 03 16 etc (mm dd)
The nuclear crisis is not as bad as the media portrays it.
The reactors have been shut down and they will cool off. It just takes time.
It is amazing they survived so well with a tsunami much worse than anyone
ever expected.
They do not use weapons grade uranium.
CU on 1/7. (New moon is on 1/7)
Regards
Glen

On 17 March 2011 16:49, Paul McGuiness <prepress@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

Hi Rob,

Yes, it does seem quite desperate to use

helicopters and sea water of all things

to cool down that deadly furnace.

It just goes to show that you need more

than just one backup system when building

and designing these reactors. It sure gives

the anti nuclear lobby some ammunition.

I cannot believe that intelligent people

would build those reactors in geologically

unstable areas. A disaster just waiting

to happen.

I have started to download those solar

radiation maps that Glen wants. If I am

likely to be away I will try and post a

message here so anyone in the group

who is able can download them so there

is a complete set. I've just been renaming

them: "16 MARCH 2011" etc.

Cheers, Paul.

On 17/03/2011, at 4:25 PM, Corona Australis wrote:

Hi Folks,

Forgive me for saying this as the Japanese have had to worst deal dealt to
them

and we can only but look on from a distance at their poor fortune.

But.. is it just me or does it appear ridiculous helicopters trying to water
bomb

those reactors to cool them down? if these thing are in the first stages of
a melt

down it would be like using a fire extinguisher to put out a full blown
bushfire.

I really hope they get this under control not only for Japan but also as
radioactive

material that has blown east out over the Pacific might have a chance to
contaminate

our seafood.

Cheers,CS

Rob

PLEASE READ THESE CONDITIONS:

The colour that you see on screen can in no way be guaranteed. As you have
not seen a hard copy proof you must accept that the colours you see on your
screen will never match 100% what your final product will be. Colour
variation occurs from screen to screen and from screen to print

Regards

Paul McGuiness

prepress@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Lismore City Printery