[nswnra] Re: Nuclear Crisis in Japan

  • From: Paul McGuiness <prepress@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: nswnra@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 17 Mar 2011 16:49:21 +1100

Hi Rob,

Yes, it does seem quite desperate to use
helicopters and sea water of all things
to cool down that deadly furnace.

It just goes to show that you need more
than just one backup system when building
and designing these reactors. It sure gives
the anti nuclear lobby some ammunition.

I cannot believe that intelligent people
would build those reactors in geologically
unstable areas. A disaster just waiting
to happen.

I have started to download those solar
radiation maps that Glen wants. If I am
likely to be away I will try and post a
message here so anyone in the group
who is able can download them so there
is a complete set. I've just been renaming
them: "16 MARCH 2011" etc.

Cheers, Paul.

On 17/03/2011, at 4:25 PM, Corona Australis wrote:

Hi Folks,

Forgive me for saying this as the Japanese have had to worst deal dealt to them
and we can only but look on from a distance at their poor fortune.

But…. is it just me or does it appear ridiculous helicopters trying to water bomb those reactors to cool them down? if these thing are in the first stages of a melt down it would be like using a fire extinguisher to put out a full blown bushfire.

I really hope they get this under control not only for Japan but also as radioactive material that has blown east out over the Pacific might have a chance to contaminate
our seafood.

Cheers,CS
Rob

PLEASE READ THESE CONDITIONS:
The colour that you see on screen can in no way be guaranteed. As you have not seen a hard copy proof you must accept that the colours you see on your screen will never match 100% what your final product will be. Colour variation occurs from screen to screen and from screen to print

Regards
Paul McGuiness
prepress@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Lismore City Printery