[nswnra] Re: Nuclear Crisis in Japan

  • From: "Corona Australis" <corona_australis@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <nswnra@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sun, 20 Mar 2011 12:59:03 +1100

Odille,

My fears were immediate with the first explosion and the Japanese stated there
was

a leak but luckily for them at that stage the wind was blowing east out over
the Pacific. Not

that I wished it blow back over the Japanese. The worst case scenario is
unimaginable for

them. But this is part our and many other Pacific nations food bowl. And Cesium
137 has

a half-life of 30 years. I don't want to come across as alarmist but lil
amounts over a life is

going to have an effect on your wellbeing if you're regularly ingesting this
stuff. There are

many tiny Pacific nations depending on the sea for food.

On another note, it is great it's raining on full moon. It must mean it's going
to be a clear

new moon ;  )

Cheers,CS

Rob

From: corona_australis@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx
To: nswnra@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
Date: Thu, 17 Mar 2011 20:24:32 +1100

Have a great trip Glen.

Date: Thu, 17 Mar 2011 18:39:43 +1100
From: cozens3@xxxxxxxxx
To: nswnra@xxxxxxxxxxxxx

Hi All
Thanks Paul. I usually name them 03 16 etc (mm dd)
The nuclear crisis is not as bad as the media portrays it.
The reactors have been shut down and they will cool off. It just takes time.
It is amazing they survived so well with a tsunami much worse than anyone ever
expected.
They do not use weapons grade uranium.
CU on 1/7. (New moon is on 1/7)
Regards
Glen

On 17 March 2011 16:49, Paul McGuiness <prepress@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

Hi Rob,

Yes, it does seem quite desperate to use

helicopters and sea water of all things

to cool down that deadly furnace.

It just goes to show that you need more

than just one backup system when building

and designing these reactors. It sure gives

the anti nuclear lobby some ammunition.

I cannot believe that intelligent people

would build those reactors in geologically

unstable areas. A disaster just waiting

to happen.

I have started to download those solar

radiation maps that Glen wants. If I am

likely to be away I will try and post a

message here so anyone in the group

who is able can download them so there

is a complete set. I've just been renaming

them: "16 MARCH 2011" etc.

Cheers, Paul.

On 17/03/2011, at 4:25 PM, Corona Australis wrote:

Hi Folks,

Forgive me for saying this as the Japanese have had to worst deal dealt to them

and we can only but look on from a distance at their poor fortune.

But.. is it just me or does it appear ridiculous helicopters trying to water
bomb

those reactors to cool them down? if these thing are in the first stages of a
melt

down it would be like using a fire extinguisher to put out a full blown
bushfire.

I really hope they get this under control not only for Japan but also as
radioactive

material that has blown east out over the Pacific might have a chance to
contaminate

our seafood.

Cheers,CS

Rob

PLEASE READ THESE CONDITIONS:

The colour that you see on screen can in no way be guaranteed. As you have not
seen a hard copy proof you must accept that the
colours you see on your screen will never match 100% what your final product
will be. Colour variation occurs from screen to screen
and from screen to print

Regards

Paul McGuiness

prepress@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx