[nanomsg] Re: more updates

  • From: Garrett D'Amore <garrett@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: nanomsg@xxxxxxxxxxxxx, Ondrej Kupka <ondra.cap@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 22 Apr 2014 10:56:22 -0700

(Sorry for those of you not using Go… maybe its getting to be time to spawn
another mailing list. :-)

I think that if you can do tcp.RegisterTransport(), you can also do this from
the tcp package in init(). You are probably talking about a scenario where you
need to do mangos.RegisterTransport(tcp.Transport()). Personally I don't really
have anything against having to write that… I mean yeah, it is sort of
unfortunate, but I don't know any better solution right now...

The problem is that doing it from the tcp package’s init() routine isn’t
strictly sufficient, because if I don’t have any reference to the tcp package
from my application, then the Go compiler will complain about tcp being an
unused import.

        - Garrett