[nama] Re: An Example?

  • From: "S. Massy" <lists@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: nama@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 28 Oct 2010 17:56:41 -0400

On Thu, Oct 28, 2010 at 03:23:44AM -1000, Joel Roth wrote:
> I've just made something to automate this process.
>
> If you can believe it, the command name and function have
> been on my mind for years!
>
> It's called the "explode_track" command. It will take all of the WAV
> versions belonging to one track (say 'violin') and make each
> into an individual track. 'violin' would become the mix
> track for the bus.
>
> It might be too limiting, in that you can't re-record
> any of the WAV versions.
Very nice function, which will certainly speed up the process under
discussion. This brings two possible features in mind, though. Version
flagging and version comments. This way, taking the violin example, one
could record several violin takes, some for one part, some for another,
adding an appropriate comment, such as, for example, "Pizzicati". Once
done, one could review each take, marking it as Active or Inactive. It
would then be a simple matter of exploding the Violins track to turn
each Active take into a track, possibly taking the first word in the
comment field as the new track name. What do you think?

Cheers,
S.M.