[nama] Re: An Example?

  • From: Julien Claassen <julien@xxxxxxxx>
  • To: nama@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 28 Oct 2010 07:03:52 +0200 (CEST)

Hi Kevin!
I used different projects. I recorded one part per project. This was the easiest and clearest way to manage it. For there were tempo changes. Later I mixed down every part. I used effect_chains, effect_profiles and similar track names to keep track of everything and keep it homogenous. Then I created a master project. This master project just consisted of linked tracks. The tracks I linked were the Mixdown track of all the parts. So they followed new Mixdown versions. there I could shift tracks to appropriate times. The beautiful thing is, that I have really seperate parts, nothing that overwhelms me while looking at it. It also won't overload my CPU. Although I could think of other ways to not overload the CPU. It would still seem too much of an effrot, when Nama offers this way of working. :-) Also beautiful about this solutions, I can slowly go through and record. I can create temporary mixdowns at different stages and they will all fit together, once a Mixdown is added to the master projected and shifted to its appropriate time.
  I hope that helps, if not continue asking about the uncertain points.
  Kindly yours
          Julien

--------

http://ltsb.sourceforge.net