[muglo] Re: news letter

  • From: Martin Albinger <max@xxxxxx>
  • To: muglo@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 28 Feb 2005 20:58:45 -0500

Hawk wrote:

> But she then found she couldn't get it to download to
> her laptop.

Sketchy details here!  Do you mean that the e-mail did not show
up in her email program or that the email showed up but the
attached file after detaching it was unreadable?

> She's in education and the laptop was provided for her. She's
> unsure what programs are on it.

Is it a Windows machine?  If it is then go to Start : Programs :
and she should get a list of most of the programs that are on her
machine.  If it is a Mac laptop then she shouldn't be having this
problem!! (syas me not knowing what the proble is)

> Is the problem simply a matter of having
> Word or something on the laptop to will accommodate the template or is it
> something more complex? jim

Well it could be more complex or it could be quite simple.  What
version of Word did use to create the template and what version
(if any) does she have on her laptop?  It could be that many of
the features in the template you are using in your version are
not supported in her version. Education (especially at the local
level) is generally a bit less current than the latest. My guess
is Win 98 unless it is a brand new machine.

Again more details on systems involved would be helpful e.g.

I created a template in Mac OS X version x.x Word however my
wife's version Word for Office 200x on Win 98 doesn't want to
open it ....

Martin