[muglo] Re: Mac Small Business/Contractor Applications

  • From: Martin Albinger <max@xxxxxx>
  • To: muglo@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Fri, 19 Dec 2008 14:55:30 -0500

On Dec 19, 2008, at 2:15 PM, Theresa Roth wrote:

> I think you may have a newer version than I do.
>
> When I click on paste special, all I get is
>
> Source:     Paste:     As:  text

Are we all using the same spreadsheet program and year?  I've deleted
your original post but I think it is Excel and since this is a Mac
group I'm assuming (which can be bad) that it is for the Mac but no
year/version was given.

Most spreadsheets have a paste special that allows various options;
Excel for sure.

I just checked.  Highlight the cells you want to copy. Copy.  Then go
to where you want the new cells and from the menu choose paste
special.  Now you will have a variety of options to choose from.

This is from the first OS X version of Excel. i.e. Office v.X for Mac
circa 2001

Martin