[muglo] Re: Mac Small Business/Contractor Applications

  • From: Douglas Feick <dejl6@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: muglo@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Fri, 19 Dec 2008 12:33:49 -0500

>  but now I have to manually go in and re-program the
>formats into the cells. Also, there are limitations to what I can
>create using my own skill and knowledge.

It sounds like you forgot about the "paste special" function in the
Edit dropdown menu.

If you want a good program for a small business, Quicken, not Quick
Books, works very well; but, you have to do a fair bit of setup the
correct way when you start. My brother set it up for a small
appliance store out of town from here, and it even managed his
"warehouse" inventory. Quicken will do your personal finances, an the
business finances, including managing your bank statements
electronically.

I'm not an expert on Quicken because I use Excel spreadsheets for all
I need, including my investment portfolio; but there must be some one
out there who is.