[muglo] Re: Mac Small Business/Contractor Applications

  • From: Theresa Roth <theresaroth@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: muglo@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Fri, 19 Dec 2008 12:48:41 -0500

I went in and looked this up and did find the notation that it pastes
text from the clipboard without any formatting. How do I change this
"paste special" to include the formula?

My borders and headings [Start; Fininsh; Total] get copied and pasted
from one sheet in a workbook to another. I call it a blank sheet but
what I mean is that the borders and headings text from one sheet [JAN]
get copied and pasted into a new sheet [FEB] but the formula in the
cell that calculates sums [=+SUM(C19-B19)] does not end up in the
corresponding cell in the new sheet [FEB]. I begin with a blank [as I
call it] sheet that has borders and headings but no numerical data in
the cells formatted for numerical uses and also has certain cells with
formulas in them. It is these formulas that are time-consuming to paste
individually into each sheet/cell.

Theresa

On Dec 19, 2008, at 12:33 PM, Douglas Feick wrote:

>  but now I have to manually go in and re-program the
> formats into the cells. Also, there are limitations to what I can
> create using my own skill and knowledge.

It sounds like you forgot about the "paste special" function in the
Edit dropdown menu.