[muglo] Help!!!

  • From: marilyn medcalf <mmed7836@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: Muglo Group <muglo@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sun, 13 Oct 2002 13:30:09 -0400

I have a problem. My husband and I both have computers - Macintosh, of
course. I have an iMac - the Blueberry one, and my husband has a G3. Re the
Internet, I upgraded to Internet Explorer 5 and Outlook Express 5.02. Since
I had the installers on my machine I copied them to a an Iomega Disk so I
could install them on my husband's machine. it seemed the installation went
okay, but the information did not get transferred from his old Outlook
Express to the newer version. We had a bit of a problem when installing, so
we dumped the old program with all the info on it, and when we tried to
retrieve it to see if we could transfer the info, we culdn't. We kept
getting a message that the Outlook Express could not be opened because the
Alias could not be found. Anyway, it seems that we have lost that info from
what I can see. Also it looks like we will have to go back to the server and
set up the Email again, as at the moment we can't send any messages from his
machine, but that is a minor problem. The question is - as we did not empty
the Trash yet where the old Outlook Express is, I was wondering if anyone
had any idea how and/or if we can retrieve it. Any help would be
appreciated. Perhaps the best thing might be for us to just forget it and
start all over again - just install the newer programs and let it go at
that. Any ideas???

Marilyn Medcalf

going to <//www.freelists.org/archives/muglo>

<paulthomas@xxxxxxx>