[muglo] Re: Help?

  • From: Eurogarth <eurogarth@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: muglo@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sun, 29 Mar 2009 16:40:36 -0400

Thanx to all for your helpful suggestions. I am looking at a drive
taken as salvage from another unit in Toronto.

Thanx again,
Garth.

On Mar 29, 2009, at 9:34 AM, Dean Danis wrote:

iFixit and Other World sell MacBook parts at a resonable price.

http://www.ifixit.com/Products/MacBook-13-Inch/Optical-Drives/15/86
http://eshop.macsales.com/shop/superdrive/MacBook_13

Dean Danis
519-494-8639
90 Caprice Cr.

London Ontario

N5V 3M2

> From: eurogarth@xxxxxxxxxx
> Subject: [muglo] Help?
> Date: Sat, 28 Mar 2009 19:29:16 -0400
> To: muglo@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
>

> Does anyone out their have a spare combo or super drive that will fit
> the Macbook white?
>
> The optical (combo drive) drive in my daughter's Macbook white (not
> the unibody) has given up the ghost after just 15 months... just
> enough for the warranty to have run out. Our only local KW Mac dealer
> sez "if they can find one", it will be about $400.00!
>
> My daughter travels extensively and the dealer proposed "just get an
> external travel" just dosen't cut it. Nor did their "well a drive
> only has so spins in it sir".

> Thanx,
> Garth.
>

> ---
> MUGLO information at <http://www.freewebs.com/muglo>
> Manage your account options at <//www.freelists.org/cgi-bin/
> lsg2.cgi>

Share photos with friends on Windows Live Messenger
http://go.microsoft.com/?linkid?50734